Saturday, October 04, 2008

Must Listen Radio

Today, This American Life (on the radio, not the TV show) is doing a sequel to a show they did this May called "Giant Pool of Money". Show description of "Giant Pool of Money":

"A special program about the housing crisis produced in a special collaboration with NPR News. We explain it all to you. What does the housing crisis have to do with the turmoil on Wall Street? Why did banks make half-million dollar loans to people without jobs or income? And why is everyone talking so much about the 1930s? It all comes back to the Giant Pool of Money."
I recommend listening to both shows. The archive page at This American Life has a full episode feed you can listen to for free on your computer or download for 95 cents.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Dawno!

This American Life is the single greatest radio show in the history of radio shows.

ohdawno said...

Hi Matt! Loved your post with the dog costumes! I should have clicked in from Google Reader and left a comment...

Yes, TAL is one of my very favorites - I have a real fondness for the show that precedes it on my local PBS station "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and that's probably my #1 radio show with TAL a close second.

Matt said...

I like Wait as well, but I hardly ever get to listen to it as I hardly am anywhere near a radio on the weekends. I usually have to wait until This American Life uploads their shows and listen to it whilst at work.