Wednesday, September 09, 2009

PSA


Saturday, September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
I don't know if this is really supposed to be a pirate girl, but that was the caption.
Image from Graphics Fairy


I have a lovely calendar I keep in my cubicle at work from one of the bead supply companies I frequent, Artbeads. Each month has a photo of a piece of jewelry made from their beads and each month they've got the special events and holidays printed in the little date squares. I was very pleasantly surprised, and quite amused, to see that they had printed "Talk Like a Pirate Day" on the calendar.

4 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

Not only will it be "talk like a pirate day" but also my wedding anniversary. Each year I wish wish wish I'd known at the time! Think what fun we could have had!

ohdawno said...

Oh my goodness, the imagination runs wild!

Do a renewal of vows ceremony! Cap'n Hook can officiate, wear pirate costumes, say 'arrgh' a lot! :-D

Heather Leavers said...

sadly I'm not as brave "in real life" ;-)

ohdawno said...

Same here!